Rules of Play
1. A ticket purchaser must be 18 years of age or older to enter the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation: Catch the Ace Raffle.
2. A ticket purchaser must be located in Ontario at the time of ticket purchase.
3. The following individuals are prohibited from becoming a ticket purchaser in the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation: Catch the Ace Raffle:
- Members of the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation’s Board of Directors and Cabinet;
- Full-time, part-time and student employees of the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation;
- Persons who are directly on the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation’s Payroll;
- Employees of registered gaming suppliers;
- Employees of sponsors and advertising partners;
- Immediate family members who reside at the same household address as those listed above.
1. Tickets must be purchased in the Province of Ontario, Canada.
2. A ticket purchaser physically located in Ontario may purchase tickets online catchtheaceottawa.ca.
3. Tickets will become available for the next week’s draw beginning at 9:00am each Monday, following the previous weekly draw.
4. Tickets are ONLY eligible and valid for the draw in which they are purchased.
5. Tickets are available in the following denominations:
- 3 tickets for $10;
- 10 tickets for $25;
- 50 tickets for $50;
- 125 tickets for $100
6. At the point of sale, each ticket purchaser will select a single, virtual envelope. All tickets in the ticket order, whether that be 3, 10, 50 or 125 tickets, will be associated with the selected envelope. A ticket purchaser cannot select multiple virtual envelopes in a single ticket order.
7. Inside each virtual envelope lies a hidden playing card from a 52-card deck. The number of virtual envelopes available for the ticket purchaser to choose from begins with 52 envelopes for the week 1 draw, and decreases by one envelope each week for the duration of the raffle.
8. The number of tickets available is unlimited.
9. Purchased tickets will be delivered to the ticket purchaser via email. The ticket purchaser is responsible for verifying that their information required at the point of sale is complete and accurate, and ensuring that they have received their tickets. If a ticket purchaser does not receive their tickets, they should call or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. All ticket sales are final, no refunds will be granted.
Draws, Winners and Prizes
1. Every Sunday night, ticket sales will close at 11:59pm, confirming qualified ticket holders. The draw dates are as follows:
2. A single ticket from all tickets purchased in the week leading up to the Monday draw will be selected through a Random Number Generation Program (RGN). The weekly draw will be electronically conducted at 8:00am.
3. The playing card hidden in the envelope that goes along with the winning ticket will be revealed.
4. The ticket purchaser (winner) with the winning ticket will receive the following:
- 20 percent of total ticket sales from the week leading up to the draw.
- If the playing card revealed is the ACE of SPADES, the winner will also receive the Catch the Ace Progressive Jackpot. This jackpot is 30 percent of all weekly ticket sales collected up until the ACE of SPADES is revealed. When the ACE of SPADES is revealed, the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation: Catch the Ace Raffle is complete.
5. If the playing card hidden in the envelope that goes along with the winning ticket revealed is any playing card other than the ACE of SPADES, 30 percent of all ticket sales from the week’s draw will be put into the Catch the Ace Progressive Jackpot.
6. One a weekly draw is complete, tickets included in that specific week’s draw are no longer valid and ticket sales for the next week’s draw commence.
7. The winning ticket, prize amount, and playing card will be announced on catchtheaceottawa.ca following each weekly draw. The winner will also be contacted by phone.
8. Prizes must be claimed within 180 days after the draw date, where the first day of the 180 days is the day after the draw date.
9. Upon presenting a winning ticket, the winner must:
- Present two pieces of ID proving their identity and age to be over 18; and
- Provide their full name, address and phone number.
10. When a weekly draw cannot be held at the designated draw time for any reason, such draw shall be held as soon as possible in the reasonable determination of the Foundation and with the approval of the AGCO.
1. At the point of sale, ticket purchasers for the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation: Catch the Ace Raffle acknowledge that they have read, understood, and agree to the rules outlined. The individual should address any questions related to the Catch the Ace Raffle before they purchase a ticket.
2. All orders will be conducted through the Canadian Bank Note lottery management platform. In the event of any discrepancy, the records of Canadian Bank Note shall be deemed accurate, correct, and final.
1. By claiming a prize, winners acknowledge and consent to the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation collecting personal including, full legal name and address. Winners also acknowledge the use of their photograph, full legal name, town/city, ticket number, and any video/audio recording associated with them winning, for any publicity purposed by the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation.
Gambling Helpline If Needed - Ontario Problem Gambling Helpline. Connex Ontario 1-866-531-2600